With gas prices going up and some people facing difficultly related to their finances, many drivers are looking for ways to save money and make the most out of the vehicle they have. One of the best ways to reduce the need for serious Auto Repair in Lansing MI is to invest in preventative maintenance on a regular basis. The fact is, regular maintenance for a vehicle can help to ensure it runs reliably and safely for as long as possible. Getting to know some of the most common types of preventative maintenance can help ensure any vehicle -;regardless of age -; works as efficiently as possible for as long as possible.
The fact is, there are a number of different types of preventative maintenance. Getting to know the various types and when each is needed can help to reduce the need for expensive Auto Repair in Lansing MI.
Maintenance to Invest in on a Monthly Basis
Each month, there are certain tasks that drivers should do themselves. If they notice anything amiss, then seeking professional help may be necessary.
* Check the tire pressure
* Look and see if the tires appear to be worn unevenly
* Check the hoses for any signs of bulging and replace any brittle or rotten hoses
* Check the engine for any frayed or worn belts and replace them if necessary
* Check the coolant levels in the engine and refill as necessary
Maintenance to Invest in Every 90 Days
There are also some vehicle maintenance tasks that need to be done every three months. These include:
* Check the vehicle’s oil
* Check the vehicles power steering, brake and transmission fluid
* Check the battery cables and terminals for build up or wear
* Check the vehicle’s air filter
Taking the time to seek the right type of maintenance for a vehicle at the right time will help to prevent serious issues from coming up. The fact is, small maintenance and preventative steps can actually reduce the number of costly repairs that a driver faces. To learn more about auto repair and preventative maintenance contact the staff at Liskey’s Auto & Truck Service.